Blogged, dreaming of sunny holidays while listening to: Cake by the Ocean by DNCE
I am flying soon to a paradise island for yoga holidays. I always travel with too much luggage and this time i gave myself the personal challenge to pack light. Of course the weather forecast will help with high temperatures and on going sunshine…and like this i am certain to have space left for plenty of local shopping!
So i have written a list of my very essentials when it comes to enjoy sunny holidays:
- golden sandals comfortable for the day and elegant for the night (mine are KJacques, model Epicure), they are a bit expensive but super trendy ( give you that St Tropez style) and last forever.
- Havaianas – their new model with shorter strap is much more feminine.
- Running shoes for a bit of gym and exploring the island
- 2 boho long dress, same as the sandals to switch from casual day to glamorous night
- 1 pareo and 1 beach towel – colorful even better to lift the mood
- 2 beach tuniques ( i have found a beautiful turquoise one in Cesme/ Turkey)
- shorts, shorts, shorts…mine are mostly cut from old jeans
- plenty of t-shirts. I always purchase few as souvenirs when i travel. The one on the picture is from the market in Goa.
- 1 linen white shirt (long sleeves of course)
- 1 boy-friend jeans ( to be comfy on the plane). I chose the model Josephine from Seven for all Mankind.
- 1 slim jean to go dancing, Roxanne also from Seven.
- plenty of yoga pants and dharma bums is offering the best confort and design. They are based in Australia but they ship all over the world.
- 4 ( yes 4 at least) bathing suits, mixing the top and bottom for different combinations.
- Some cool boho jewels. I love Hipanema bracelets which i purchase either in France or at “la plage” kiosks in Dubai. I was also recently offered a stunning pendant in pink quartz which has the vertue to heal the pains of the heart…the symbol is beautiful! Talking about stone power, i will also bring my beautiful mermaid mala beads by My Little Mantra.
- 2 very casual and practical tote bags ( one for the beach and one to explore)
- Plenty of pouches ( for the money, papers, make-up, sun-care…)
- I don’t wear much make-up on holidays, hence this time to travel compact, i have elected the Urban Decay Naked on the Run palette. Perfect tones for a tan skin!
- An evening bag like this beautiful blue M handbag by my very favorite clothing brand, Maje.
- 1 good novel and 1 biography ( now reading the very exciting and very crazy life of Richard Branson)
- to travel even more light for an intense reader: a kindle
- The ultimate trilogy: Ipad – Ipod and Iphone (actually mine is a Samsung) and all their related cables
- An excellent and small enough camera: I can’t breathe without my Panasonic – Lumix
- A beach hat, sun shades ( illesteva, palm beach model on the picture) and excellent sun care (SPF 50 for the face please! ) all by Nuxe…i am obsessed with the new hair spray for a perfect beach wavy result.
- Holidays are a perfect moment to reflect and prepare new projects so i am always bringing with me a pad to write plenty of exciting ideas. I found this beautiful white one at Zara Home.
It will be difficult to limit myself so i’ll bring multifunctional items like:
- Huile prodigieuse by Nuxe (the gold version for a superb glowing tan)
- Natural Coconut oil, love the smell and ideal to soften the skin and moisture the hair
- Nuxe Creme fraiche to hydrate the face after a day by the pool…and the scent is delicious!
- A drop of my fragrance of the moment: Acqua di Parma – Colonia Intensa
- A beautiful Chanel nail polish – The shade 605 “tapage” is perfect for the summer.
- Aveda damage remedy daily hair repair to protect from the heat styling…but i might just let my hair dry naturally, one of the joys of the holidays.
The little thing which will change everything:
- a mix of nuts for the long plane travel, to avoid eating this awful dessert
- a small glass water bottle to always keep pure water handy
- Mosquitos repellant
- Ear plugs – In the plane i have a Bose headphone which is a miracle to cut you from the engine and the crying baby noises
- A spray with lavender essential oil. It is very calming so i spray it on the bed before sleeping or on the plane head cushion.
- Yogi tea sachets, also for the plane because airlines are really serving an awful tea on board economy.
- Valerian pills to fix the jet lag.
Voila! I am flying in a week so do not hesitate if you have additional ideas…i really hope all these will fit in my suit case eventually!